Since its formation in 1972, the Lobby Corps has made tens of thousands of visits to congressional offices, making AAUW a familiar and respected name among members of Congress and their staffs. Because this corps has worked hand in hand with lobbying staff, AAUW has had a significant political impact on legislation concerning issues such as
- civil rights,
- reproductive rights, and
- economic security.
AAUW Lobby Corps 2018
Registration Fee: Sunday Lobby Day Training and LTM (includes facility / continental breakfast / luncheon / tax / gratuity) $55.00
Send your registration check made payable to AAUW Santa Fe, write LTM in memo line (no credit cards) to:
AAUW Santa Fe
PO Box 31584
Santa Fe, NM 87594-1584
If you have any questions, please contact Lynn Heffron at 202-550-0058.
The official hotel is Hotel Santa Fe, 1501 Paseo de Peralta, Santa Fe, NM 87501.
Please call the desk at (855) 825-9876 for the special AAUW rate for the rooms ( $85.00 + tax totaling $98.02 per night). This applies to both Saturday and Sunday nights, Jan. 27 & 28. The hotel will also provide free shuttle bus to downtown and to the Roundhouse.
AAUW-New Mexico State Legislative Lobby Day: Monday, January 29, 2018. We will meet at 8:30 am in the Roundhouse, Room 318.
1. League of Women Voters of New Mexico, “Workshop on Effective Citizen Advocacy at the Legislature”, Saturday, December 9, 2017, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, NM State Capitol, Room 322 (enter on the East side only). Learn tips from legislators and a professional lobbyist on how to interact with legislators, speak at hearings, and advocate for your cause. Lynn Heffron, Santa Fe, has worked with the League on this and all AAUW-NM members are welcome.
2. Albuquerque branch will have Lobby Corps training at their monthly meeting, Saturday January 6 from 12:30-2:30 p.m. at North Domingo Baca Multigenerational Center, 7520 Carmel Ave. NE ABQ. “Public Policy 101” presenters are from LWVNM Judy Williams, President, Diane Goldfarb, Director, Reproductive Choice.
3. Santa Fe branch will have Lobby Corps training at their January meeting if
needed. Details TBA.
4. Las Vegas branch will have Lobby Corps training at their January meeting also.
5. A GoToMeeting open to all members will be held on Saturday, January 6, 2018,
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Look for an invitation from Karyl Lyne. During the
presentation, we will have the legislative website live on your computer screen. Sonya Berg will lead an exploration of this resource for those in attendance.
All information and forms required for lobbyists can be found at: http://www.sos.state.nm.us/Lobbyist_Information
Do familiarize yourself with the regulations found in the Lobbyist Regulation Act (under Forms).
- Follow NM Bills with a daily report on bills that matters to AAUW-NM at CQ State Track web reports
- See the Public Policy Timeline to help plan activities and events
- Read AAUW Position Papers on Title IX, Education, Economic Security, and Civil Rights
- Join the AAUW Action Network and become a Two-Minute Activist
- You can also subscribe to AAUW Washington Update e-newsletter