It is that time again for Branch Project Grants.
Please consider requesting a “Branch Project Grant” to aid your branch in advancing the goals of AAUW! The Project may be a program or activity the would support a 5 Star requirement.
Please submit a narrative application for Branch Project Grants, up to $200 per branch per year, describing the project. [see below]
Proposal should include:* Project summary; Grant amount being requested; Simplified budget of project costs; and List of contributors/supporters, if any.
The Grant requests should be submitted to Sylvia Fink [firstname.lastname@example.org] by Thursday, October 1, 2020. Electronic submission is preferable; however, applications may also be mailed to: Sylvia Fink, 5108 Marcadas Rd. NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114-4367
Sylvia Fink, AAUW-NM Branch Project Grants Chair.
* From AAUW NM Policies & Procedures, vol 2, P 16.
Four Branch Project Grants Awarded Fall 2018
- Carlsbad Branch received a grant to cover food and AAUW Carlsbad Empowerment Award given at Champagne en Blanc to celebrate Women’s Equality Day
- Los Alamos Branch received a grant to support the Legislative Preview sponsored jointly by Los Alamos Branch-AAUW and the Los Alamos League of Women Voters to be held in January 2019 and to cover the advertising costs of branch fund-raiser for the AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund.
- SCSWNM Branch received a grant to bring a second Start Smart program to WNMU.
- Socorro Branch received a grant to pay mileage for presenters in their seminar series.
Santa Fe Branch 2017 Grantee Presents Awards for Gender Pay Gap Essay Contest
Cynthia Dobson, Branch Projects Grants Chair, reported that the Santa Fe Branch gave 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and two honorable mention awards to 7th and 8th grade girls from the Santa Fe Girls School for their essays about the gender pay gap. Three of the girls attended the May 6th Santa Fe Branch Annual Meeting where they were recognized and read their essays.
Left to right: Melanie Buchleiter, Program Chair; Lucia Ortiz, Honorable Mention Winner; Cynthia Dobson, Public Policy & Branch Project Chair; Natalia Payne, 2nd place winner; Elena Pilar Bunker Ruiz, 1st place winner; and Lynn Heffron, AAUW-Santa Fe President