2022 Legacy of Leadership Awardees:
Sonya Berg, Las Vegas
Karyl Lyne, Las Vegas
Nancy Scheer, Santa Fe
2018 Legacy of Leadership Awardee:
Nina Thayer, Los Alamos
2021 Mission in Action Awardee:
Socorro Branch for GRADS (Graduate Reality and Dual Skills Program)
Tracy Lassiter, Gallup Branch, for representing AAUW-NM as speaker for NM HIstory Conference focusing on NM Suffrage efforts
2017 Mission in Action Awardee:
New Mexico Network for Women in Science and Engineering
Awards History – pre-2014
Grace Barker Wilson Award
- 2013 Grace Barker Wilson Awardee: Helena Whyte of Los Alamos Branch and Online Branch.
- Grace Barker Wilson Biography
- For a list of past years Grace Barker Wilson Award recipients, click here.
The Marjorie Bell Chambers Ingenious Ideas Award
- Marjorie Bell Chambers biography
2021 Ingenious Idea Award goes to Socorro Branch for Virtual Trivia NIght recruiting activity which was primarily student-diven
2021 Ingenious Idea Commendation to Las Vegas Branch for exceptional job hosting Virtual 2021 State Convention
2019 Ingenious Idea Award goes to Carlsbad Branch for Champagne en Blanc Fundraiser
2015 Winners of the Ingenious Ideas Award:
- Best Ingenious Idea: Albuquerque Branch for Reunion Tech Trek 2014 a reunion for the girls who attended Tech Trek in Las Cruces, held March 2015 at UNM
Runners-up with innovative collaborations:
- Los Alamos Branch for Dust Bowl Exhibit & Community Book Discussions, a collaboration with Mesa Public Library and Los Alamos Public Schools
- Grant County Branch for Hunger for Knowledge Dinner, a collaboration with the sociology students of WNMU under Dr. Emma Bailey
2013 Winners of the Ingenious Ideas Award:
- Santa Fe Branch for its community outreach to the Esperanza Shelter for victims of domestic abuse.
- Las Cruces Branch for bringing the issue of sexual assault in the military to the public by purchasing a copy of The Invisible War and having it shown at local theaters.
- Los Alamos Branch for its Holiday Community Outreach Program to assist families and women in need in Northern New Mexico.
Terry Sleight Memorial Award
In memory of Terry Sleight, a long-time women’s advocate, AAUW-NM board member, lobbyist, and dear friend, the New Mexico State AAUW established the Terry Sleight Memorial Award in 2005.This award is given out annually to an individual AAUW-NM member or group of members in recognition of their efforts in advancing women’s issues.
2013/2014 Award Recipients:
Ruth Benjamins, Las Cruces
Lina Germann, Santa Fe
Betty Walker Smith, Albuquerque
2012/2013 Award Recipient: Flossie Brown, Santa Fe Branch
2011/2012 Award Recipient: Jan Lifson Bray, Albuquerque
2010/2011 Award Recipient: Dixie Trebbe, West Mesa/Albuquerque
2009/2010 Award Recipient: Jeanette Wallace, Los Alamos
2008/2009 Award Recipient: Corrine Howard, West Mesa
2007/2008 Award Recipient: Jean Bahr, Santa Fe
2006/2007 Award Recipient: Dolores Halls, Las Cruces
2005/2006 Award Recipient: Carolyn Glen Kaye, Albuquerque Branch